Monday, June 19, 2006

A Spoonful of Sugar...

Suffice it to say, I have withdrawal symptoms. Less than a month. I have to hang my head in shame.
Damn Reese's Cups. I used to get them sent over by a relative in Canada when I was younger, but not any more. You can get em here, but you have to go hunting for them. Ahh Well.
Plus my throat is really sore? I have a shocking track record when it comes to throat infections. I had an inkling of a sore throat on holiday, and I bought these Cepacol lozenges over there. Normally I don't buy lozenges as they seem to have no effect on me, but these lozenges have so much benzocaine in them that just having one in your hand for 10 seconds leaves your fingers numb and tingling! I'm really glad that I brought some home as they've single handedly got me through the day! I take it the lozenge manufacturers here aren't allowed to put that high a dose in theirs....

I was at the Big Yin's brother's stag do at the weekend. We began by partaking in the tribal ritual that is paintballing. I had heard stories that the paintballs hurt like hell when they hit, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found that it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought, and I was actually quite good at it. The stag can testify, as he was hit by me several times, much to his annoyance. During the last game, having run out of ammo, and waiting it out behind a barrel, I started thinking about how relitavely unscathed I was, and at that moment, someone from the other team bombed round the barrels in a sort of Kamikaze/Rambo run and shot me in the arm at point blank range.
Now these things come out of the guns propelled by compressed Carbon Dioxide at 100 miles an hour, and fired at you from 2 feet or less away, I shall just say it smarted. Anyway, I'm treating the rather large blue and yellow bruise that has engulfed my entire upper arm as a badge of honour.

It was a great day, we all had a good laugh, and a fair few sherbets were downed at the end of night pub crawl in Edinburgh, that included a visit to the Stand comedy club, where stand ups were top class. If only I weren't suffering for it quite as much now....

2 Comments:

Blogger eightk said...

My aunt works for Hershey, which owns Reese's so growing up we would always have lots of candy and get to try the new products before anyone else.

I can totally be your dealer for Reese's Cups, yo.

8:52 pm  
Blogger Stouff said...

It's soooo wrong, but it feels so right......

12:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home