Friday, April 21, 2006

Groundhog Day

Does anyone ever get the feeling they shouldn't have got out of bed in the morning? I've had one of those kind of days today. When I got up, I knew that the stuff I hadn't finished at work last night was never going to be finished in time today, and the next guy, whose job it is to blend all of my labourious and often un-noticeable work into a polished thingy was going to be twiddling his thumbs with nothing to do...
I just transferred to this new job and much in that I'm loving it I was thinking just how stressful it can be to be completely removed from your comfort zone. You're both exhilarated and really terrified of the responsability. It's me that's soon going to be sitting in that chair, and right now, I'm wondering if I have the character and the ability to pull this off?? I'm pacifying myself in the knowledge that I've managed to swim in every ocean they've thrown me in thus far. But that self doubt is still there....it must be there in every one of us, or I suppose there'd be nothing driving us on to bigger and better things...