Monday, July 31, 2006

Would The Last One Out Turn The Lights off....

Jeez, I think I just woke the neebours! I was sittin surfin the net, and as I do, I picked up the guitar, switched on my amp and started playin with my headphones on. Now of course, with it bein a pre-amp/transistor cabinet combo, the headphone socket isnae a break jack, and you have to turn the volume down completely so that the only output is through the headphones, but dumbass here put the headphones on first, so all I heard was what was coming out the headphones, and I was blissfully jammin away for 20 odd minutes at 1 in the morning not realising that the main volume was still up. OOOpssss. I'm sure I'll not be popular in the morning....Mind you, it somewhat serves them right as I've lost count of the times when I've been on late or night shifts and they play really loud music rediculously early in the morning, or that damn dug of theirs that wont stop barking when it's started, no matter the time. Nevertheless, as much that I feel like a bit of a twat, I'm sure all the bad karma I've just received has already been negated by all that other stuff that's entailed in being their neighbours! That's what I'm hoping anyway........

On another subject, I was really sad to see the end of Top Of The Pops the other night. It's an institution, and whilst I can't say that I've ever religiously watched it, I hate to see the end of institutions. It's like the end of eras. It's only been going since the 1960's and to see it cancelled, no matter how crap it was, or how many kids weren't watching it any more, is a real wrench. Every music artist wanted to appear on TOTP. It was the law. If you wanted a hit, you'd have to go on TOTP. No TOTP, no hit. It's like the grand archive of musical history from the 60's right through till now, and I'm glad that they've got it. I count myself lucky to be able to say that I worked on it for a very brief period of time, but that doesn't counteract the feeling of emptiness that comes with the end of things. Why does it have to be the end?????